And making hummus is pretty simple. Honestly, the hardest part was finding the Tahini in the grocery store. Hint: near the Peanut Butter :)
We also made our own pita chips!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus
2 cups Canned Chick Peas, or cooked
2 tbsps Tahini
4 tbsps Olive Oil
1/4 cup Warm Water
1 large bulb of Garlic
1 Lemon, juice of
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Peel outside layer off garlic bulb and cut off bottom to expose the tips. Coat with olive oil and wrap in tin foil. Roast the garlic in the oven for 35 minutes.
3. Remove cloves from skin and add to food processor/blender.
4. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Allow to cool then garnish with olive oil, chick peas and paprika