So, when I ready to give my crock pot a try, I knew a good Curry recipe would hit the spot.
Conclusion: this curry was good. Although definitely strong in the curry flavor department so I would definitely say it's not for the weak of heart. Although, it was not very spicy either.
What was even better, however, is my crock pot. I love love loved the idea of throwing a few things together in the morning and coming home nearly 12 hours later to dinner all ready and waiting for me.
And, although this recipe was not the case (read: curry), future recipes were (next week's), it was nice coming home to a yummy smelling house.
Paleo Crockpot Brazilian Curry Chicken
1.5 - 2 lbs Chicken Breast (I used boneless, skinless)
3/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk
1 cup Chicken Broken (I used low sodium, 90% fat free)
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
3 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
4 - 6 tbsp Curry Powder
2 Bell Peppers, I used red & yellow, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
1. Add coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt & pepper and red pepper flakes and whisky together.
2. Add in peppers and onions.
3. Add in Chicken and pour broth over.
4. Mix all the ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the mixture.
6. Cover and cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.