Today, I'm heading back east to celebrate Memorial Day. And, if you ask me, Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer. So I thought this would be a perfect time to update you all on my 101 things in 1001 days list...and let you know which of these goals I'd like to accomplish this summer.
I'll say this for the thousandth time now, there's something about summer that just gives me more energy. After work, I'm more apt to do things, I dont like sitting around or sleeping the weekends away.
Plus, we're almost at the year mark since I started this list of mine. And just under two years to go. With 21 down, 80 to go!
This summer, I'd like to:
- Redesign my blog. Back in April, I put down a deposit and I'm now third on the designers wait list.
- Summer is filled with activities, like:
- Going on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel
- Learn to throw a football with a spiral (I'm looking at you, Amy)
- See a movie in the park
- Have a picnic, which I plan to do at the Goo Goo Dolls / Matchbox20 concert at Ravinia
- Take a Stand Up Paddler Board Yoga Class
- Get up on one ski waterskiing, last summers goal was getting out of the wake, I'm moving up int he wold
- Catch and cook a fish, this one may be a bit ambitious
- With more time in the day, I have no excuse to not make myself dinner
- Hopefully I'll be able to make a meal purchased from Green City Farmer's Market
- And actually start making something from one of the many cooking magazines I subscribe to once a month
- Yesterday, I "splurged" on Amazon and bought Calligraphy for Dummies and a Calligraphy starter kit. I'm quite excited to learn it!
- I'm going to learn to relax and do nothing but read. So hopefully, I'll put a good dent on my book list and finish re-reading all of Jane Austen's novels.
- And, I'm going to continue on my quest to be a full time runner
- My color run is coming up on June 16
- And My half marathon, which I'm hoping to do in under 2.5 hours on August 17
It's going to be a good one!