For those of you avidly checking my 101 list, I have been making progress. I have a new nightly routine. After relaxing, watching tv, eating dinner, blogging, etc you get the point, I try and get in bed at a reasonable hour and start reading. THEN, I try my hardest not to look at my phone after this point.
Before, I used to get in bed and then spend about an hour playing on facebook, twitter, Instagram and pinterest before turning in. And, I've read being plugged in right before bed, isn't good for sleeping. By the way, update: I have snoozed more than I intended this week i.e. every day so far.
Anyway, so I've been reading more and I'm kind of a stand still. I love Jane Austen, but they aren't exactly quick reads so I'm in the middle of Sense and Sensibility, it's no Pride & Prejudice.
- The Happiness Project
- Half of A Place of Yes
- Why is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me
- By Invitation Only
- City Girl, Country Vet
- The Jane Austen Marriage Manual
- Seriously, I'm Kidding
- Girls in White Dresses
So, far I'd make a compelling argument for The Happiness Project, By Invitation Only and Girls in White Dresses
I also keep a running list of books coming out soon and books I want to read:
- Most of Random House's 20 Books to Read in your 20s: On the Outside Looking Indian, MWF seeking BFF, The Joy Luck Club, Maine, Sisterhood Everlasting
- More Comedian Authors: My Point...and I do have one, The Funny Thing Is, Bossypants, Matt&Ben
- Coming Soon: Wedding Night, Revenge Wears Prada,
- Mrs Queen Takes the Train
- The Jane Austen Book Club
I've also discovered a pretty cool site that finds books you'd like based on your preferences. Do YOU have any book suggestions? I'd love to hear from you! xo